During the reception of the OBSERVAL Final Dissemination Conference on 13 October 2010, the winner of the 2nd OBSERVAL Validation Prize was being awarded at the University Foundation in Brussels.
Out of seven nominated Case Studies from Austria, Czech Republic, Denmark, Netherlands, Norway, Portugal, Sweden, the six Jury members chose the case study âInformal Competence Acquisition and Educational Guidance (AE/3rd sector)â from Austria. Karin Luomi-Messerer, representative of â3s research laboratoryâ and Validation expert received the prize and thanked the Jury members. She emphasized that she is going to forward the prize to the national organization RÃBW in Austria who are the main actor in the awarded case study.
- Patrick Werquin, Independent consultant
- Martina Ni-Cheallaigh, European Commission DG EAC,
- Madhu Singh, Senior Programme Spezialist at the UNESCO Institute for Lifelong Learning,
- Gina Ebner, president of the EUCIS-LLL platform,
- Anne-Marie Charraud, Rapporteur General at the CNCP
- Joy Van Kleef, CEO of CIRL
Nominated case studies:
- Winner: Austria: âInformal Competence Acquisition and Educational Guidance (AE/3rd sector)â
- Czech Republic: "Chamber of Commerce (VET)â
- Denmark: "Sparring partners (AE/3rd Sector)â
- Netherlands: "Fireâfighting department (Employerâbased and VET)â
- Norway: "Validation-prisons (AE/3rd sector)â
- Portugal: "Cova da Moura: Educational Assistants (AE/3rd sector)â
- Sweden: "Validus II: TU occupational knowledge (WBL and HE)â